RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Giant P-47 Build
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:24 PM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite Giant P-47 Build

I brushed it on in several coats and ended up using the whole bottle. I cut the mask with a good X-acto knife and lightly picked the edge up with a dull one.

Let me tell ya'll what is going on over here, I know you're wondering what's taking so long. The liquid mask is very thin and rubbery. I started on the bottom of the cowl removing the mask and the paint didn't want to leave a clean edge. Not sure what the problem is, the only thing that is different from the other masking and painting on the plane is the liquid mask. It has turned into a freakin rescue mission.[:@]

So, as I move around the cowl from bottom to top, I have figured out that I have to score the paint with a sharp blade to break the tension between the masked area and the unmasked area, it's also helping if I wet sand around the masked area before trying to remove the mask. HUGE PITA going on over here I'm sorry to report.

Since I'm going for that "in service look" I think it will be okay, if this was an aerobatic scale or sport plane, I would have scrapped it already.

Give me a couple more days and I'll let ya'll be the judge.