RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 ghz interference: It can happen!
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 AM
coronabob
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 ghz interference: It can happen!

ORIGINAL: kwik

ORIGINAL: dirtybird

You need to perform more tests to determine that 2.4 was actually interfered with. Remove the servo connections and monitor the servo outputs with an oscilloscope. I see you are in AZ. If you don't have an oscilloscope meet me somewhere and we can use mine.
I strongly suspect the interference was coupled directly into the servo leads and interfered with the drive pulse.
Another way to test it but not as good is to remove the servo from the receiver and drive it from a servo tester. If you still have the problem you will know it is not coming from the receiver. This is not a sure test though because you don't have a full system and the output impedance of the servo tester will be different from the receiver.
Agreed 100%. But the conclusion is the same; Resistor plugs is a good insurance, don't you think?

I have two planes with zenoah engines; Silicone spark boots, resistor plugs. No problems.
Hey kwik,

I think you are right. I need to check with my friend about his Brison 2.4ci. He changed the plug and might not have bought the right one. The resistor adds a delay in the leading and trailing edge of the hv spark pulse reducing the harmonics energy that causes interference.