RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 ghz interference: It can happen!
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 ghz interference: It can happen!

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

AVa8tor: Dumb Question but do u have all the latest Updates to the Hitec Aurora 9 and the Optima 9 twin antenna receiver? Including the one that helps RF Rejection from Ignation engines?
Hi,

Yep, transmitter, module, and receiver(s) all updated just last week.

Side note: I also have telemetry on this plane. I was worried for a moment while I was trouble shooting it that maybe the two wires going from the sensor station back to the receiver were carrying RF interference to the rx, but as I said, properly closing up that spark plug cap cured all glitching. Someone mentioned that maybe the glitching was happening when I was actually moving the controls. No. The elevators, ailerons, rudder, and sometimes throttle were moving all over the place with me not touching a thing. The elevators of course have dual servos, and they would often go to the extremes of their travel, in opposite directions!! This was with the transmitter in full power, flying mode; not range check mode. Now, everything checks out perfect, even during a standard range check with the transmitter "range check" mode in use.

Thanks,
AV8TOR