RCU Forums - View Single Post - Violett Pattern Prototype - Blast from past
Old 02-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Violett Pattern Prototype - Blast from past

Couch-pilot,
The "Sundowner" DF design article was published in AMA's magazine, "American Aircraft Modeler", now "Model Aviation". Contract AMAHQ, Plans Service, phone: 765-287-1256 x 507 to see if the plans and article reprint are still available. The "Sundowner" would make a fine model for EDF power with a 90-100mm fan.
BV's"Compass Cope" design was originally published in "Model Airplane News" and later kitted by Joe Bridi. I did a finish buildand test flights on one during the late 80's for a fellow club member. I recall it flew very well off grass atthe N. Utica Airport in Marcy, NY- now a Walmart Distribution Center.
Bob's A-4 Skyhawk was developed as a semi-kitin themid-70's and initially flown with a K&B 6.5FIRE engineand Perry Pump. The K&B7.5 DF replaced it about 1978-1979. Ipurchased and built my first A-4 in '79and flew it at the 1980 AMANats with BV as my caller/spotter.Helater sold the A-4 production rights to Larry Wolfe of Jet Hangar Hobbies and I believethe kitis still available. I've currently started the build of a second BVM A-4 to be powered by a Wren 44K turbine.
A bit of history andjets havecome a long way since the early 1970's.

Art ARRO