RCU Forums - View Single Post - formula offroad, Mkll twin build, pic heavy
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 PM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: formula offroad, Mkll twin build, pic heavy

I have a boot in mind, just have to remember what the hell i saw it on...about 3cm concertina rubber booty, be the perfect size.

so been working on the steering cylinders and having the same issues i had with an attempt i did on a full size lifted 97chevy 3/4 ton pu a few yrs ago, i'd cut out the ifs and 4 linked an f350 dana 60 up front with coils...didn't work then either cos bleedin is a bugger...think i've figured it but need more cylinders...plan b that hopefully will get me by until i figure hydraulics is using cables, easy to insatll and remove later

more chassis work

got the rear part of cab bent up and now i am out of steel tube, more should be here Monday..a bit more bracing up front and a removable cross piece for the top of the hood and finish the rear off...i can mount the shocks while i wait and finish off some odds and ends.

plan b steering, with the tonegawa i'm not worried about having the power for this to work, my concern is snapping a cable when it cartwheels down a steep hill , so this is just temporary...unless it works and holds up then it'll stay...coated braided mountain bike gear change cable with non kink lined housing, supposed to be pretty tough but we shall see