RCU Forums - View Single Post - twinhammers, I want this! Vaterra RC New Brand!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: twinhammers, I want this! Vaterra RC New Brand!

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner
The only part that concerns me (hobby shop buy who bought one mentioned this) the rear axle is a 3 peice unit!!! Why they didnt use a 2 piece like on a axial is beyond me. 3 piece axles (the few that are out there) are known to be weak were the 2 outside parts bolt to the main diff case.
But, even if it does turn out the be an issue, its possible someone will just offer a full metal axle case.
I didn't realize this. The shop owner where I work ordered one and all 3 of the touring cars, new Camaro, 60s Camaro (his favorite) and the GTR. I saw one out of the box at another shop and the first thing I noticed is that it's smaller than I anticipated. It's smaller than a Wraith and an EXO. It's really shares it's dimensions with a SCX10. When it arrives I'll see if he'll let me open the box so I can set it side by side next to a SC truck or my EXO.
I figured it would be about the size as a SCX10. That brushed motor on a 2s lipo (included) witha 2speed couldnt push a larger model.

Jang did a open boxing of it. He noted the front shocks were not full, the battery is small (2000mah) but also showed it has decent articulation, good tires (for an RTR) and that the gear is waterproof.

This video shows what its supposed to model:
[youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ETOoZT54A][/youtube]

here is the 1st good running vid I found:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6OXlHaJOak[/youtube]

basically this is a truck that can do some pretty rough offroading, but that can also throw up some good rooster tails.
And if you upgrade to brushless, it could be a speed machine as well. My guess is the stock setup allows for 20mph top speed. Not fast, but fast for something that can get over some pretty rought terrain.