View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread

ORIGINAL: Growler84

Gary,
You mentioned the Roto-Flow tanks a while back. These are excellent products, well made and good company to deal with. However, I ran one of the 50oz versions on my 42% IMAC bird and the internal plumbing in the tank would not support the flow requirements of a 3W-170. A big Moki, probably not a problem because they sip fuel. Still, make sure you ground test.

Vegas Corsair update and another lesson worth listening to: For the 4th time now the hydraulic bag/resevoir for the wing fold system sprang a leak and completley soaked the wing center section with hydro fluid. Since this is the fourth time the wing has been soaked in oil Phil decided to withdraw the model from service until we can put together another wing with electric wing fold. We both feel the structure is compromised, all the glue joints and wood are soaked. Luckily it did not happen in flight. We managed to put over 100 flights on it but in the end it succumbed to a Mickey Mouse system.

Oh, thats 100+ 20 minute flights on a Moki 250 with no issues other than the early loss of pushrods before we knew the proper rocker lube interval and to NOT use a silicone lubricant (TriFlow only for us).

We shall return.
Thanks for the tip on the tank Greg. I was planning on using the 50cc one for a ZDZ 210. I'll need to check into that.

You surely are fortunate that your hydraulic system failed on the ground. Sorry for your aggravation and frustration, but I can assure you, you will fall in love with the electric version.

Thanks for the post.

Gary