RCU Forums - View Single Post - RotoFlow Fuel Tanks
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 PM
bjbellino
My Feedback: (176)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RotoFlow Fuel Tanks

OLDTYME, I think you can apply Murphys Law here, If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you are using a tank that has worked for you with out problems, why change? When I first started flying gas, the tank was an issue for me because I didn't read enough to know to use fuel line barbs and spring clamps on all connections and some tanks are not compatible with gasoline, and of course the stoppers and fuel lines are different, and a lot of people run heavier clunks and in-tank filters, and a vent line that is looped to the rear of the tank and back forward to prevent fuel leakage when inverted, and so forth and so on. I have been running a couple of rotoflow tanks with good results. They are easy to install and use. If they have a fault, they are a little pricey, but I think their ease of use is worth it, how long the seals will last, I don't know, but it seems that I read somewhere, that if one started leaking that you could send it back and have the seal replaced for a minimal charge, but correct me if I am wrong about this, so try one or not, I think they are one less thing to be concerned about when you break ground.