RCU Forums - View Single Post - SD 10G or what?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD 10G or what?

Hey guys..........Just starting my search for a new radio like the SD 10G .............been in this hobby for 34 years. Started out on Airtronics XL6 and had a Futuba FG7 and went to a computer radio about 7 years ago JR9303.........the 9303 is a 2.4 conversion is getting a little long in the tooth,like me...LOL

Way past the concern of what brand has the most bling or who can hype the best..............I am looking for opinions on how easy it is to program?!!!!!! The JR9303 was,and still is a bear to program basic stuff not the most intuitive........ I am a Kiss kinda guy don't do a lot of fancy setups just your basic 2 aileron 2 elevator, 1 rudder 1 throttle.............use the gear channel mostly for the IBEC shut off gas ignition system. After basic setup I am careful in my plane setups to make sure endpoints/travel are adjusted properly so not to over work the servos or batts.

I not a 3d flyer.............just a little IMAC(not for completion)a smooth take off and a smooth 3 point landing put a smile on my face................Does the SD-10G fit the bill on easy of basic setup. Most of the Flyers at my field are DX8 owners......and they say the DX8 is way easer than their Futuba radios were.

Thanks guys for taking the time.