RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Tigre 2300 First Run....
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Super Tigre 2300 First Run....

I don't believe everything that the empire says. The are also trying to sell overpriced OS's. I am a huge fan of the TH .75, and that engine became extinct when the OS .75 was put on the market for double the money and then some.

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: Iflyglow

I change carbs because I can. An os 7d or magum 1.08 will make the 2300 purr even better yet with much less tweaking with a much smoother mid range. The only thing I don't like about st's is the total lack of any parts support from the distributer. Almost all the Engines and parts are on back order year after year. If hobbico does not want to support them why not sell them off to someone who would.
According to Bill Baxter at Hobby Services, They are having a real problem getting parts from the Manufacturer in China. Why? He didn't elaborate. Though if you have an italian engine and need parts that they still manufacture, some parts are slightly different and may or may not fit. Pistons and Liners are one - China pistons are slightly smaller thran Italian pistons, as are the liners respectively.

As for the carbs... I equate SuperTigre carbs with the old Rochester Quadrajet. They work, in fact they work well if you can figure out how to adjust them. An OS 7D carb is nearly unobtainable and expensive. The ASP/Magnum carb is a good balance, plus with either the 7D or ASP carb, you can get a 1,000rpm boost on some props. With a tuned exhaust they really shine.