RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hempel 50% BD5 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 03:09 PM
BillJ
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hempel 50% BD5 Build

Just arrived by FEDX Freight this past week , my Bill Hempel BD5 J......I'd love to show you some pics..but their is apparently a problem on RCU downloads at the moment... Its a quite sizeable bird in comparison to my other jets....I think I would call it chunky. But the finish of the Freedom scheme is really nice. With James Bond in mind I'm already sizing up a scale size building to fly it through down at my club site Area 52.

Unpacked the big refreigerator size box..Everything looked in pretty good order....But upon close inspection looks like the boys at FEDEX may have stood in on its nose.. a small dime size chip of paint gone...Lucky I know a good body man who might fix it up . A few pieces looked unfamiliar..but a quick text to Bill got a few pictures emailed which explained alot. Most were interior cockpit side panels and dash.

Have started out with the tail...The rudder servo is set directly in the Vertical stab.. The real trick here was getting the servo mounting screws in place.. This was facilitated by a flex shaft screw driver and a little patience... Next cutting slots in either side on Vert fin for the rudder servo arm to extend out for push/pull set up. An 8/32 rod thru the rudder hard point along with swivel links get the pocket hinged rudder in order. Real similar to a 50-100cc airplane set up.. Will touch up with a little paint later to camo the pushrods

TONS of room inside this bird. With all your gear,adding smoke system.Would probably still have room for a regulation size football in the engine bay and 2 in the cockpit.

Moving on to the full flying stab. Still trying to post pics...

Bill

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54222.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1857390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40016.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1857391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51886.jpg
Views:	492