RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 P51 PTS MK2
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 P51 PTS MK2

ORIGINAL: rayboy64

baronbrian thanks for the input its much appreciated, my plane will be here tomm. I have looked at everything i can find on this plane whe n it comes to flaps.. I have watched every youtube vid i can find.. interesting enough still nothing really showing best way to do flaps.. I would like to ask you this if you dont mind. the adjustment that controls the flaps there is only one of them correct? and from the reviews from josh and josh Youtube vid he stated add A servo in the place of the adjuster..

I can see the point about the plug in wings so there must be a linkage connecting rod or something connecting both flaps Am I right on this ? My thoughts on the flaps would have been they could assist in landing on zero wind days .. being as you have this model I'm taking it as you have servos installed already for the flaps ..did you use two ? what brad and model and what wiring would I need I have also read that when using two servos for the flaps some people have actually had them going in opposite directions.. sorry for throwing so many questions out there ..but any help is always appreciated
Ray.

I have flown this aircraft with Fixed Flaps and with Servo Operated Flaps. You have one pushrod coming from the servo arm which attaches to both Flap Control Horns (it is Forked), thus, you only need one servo for Flaps. With most other aircraft you would need a servo for each Flap half, but not in this case. There is a post on the wing where you can attach the Forked Flap Pushrod in either Flap Up or Flap Down configuration, if you are not using a Flap servo.

You would also be advised to remove the flat panels on the front of the landing gear, as they usually become dislodged anyway. They just create Drag and serve no other purpose. The AntiStall clear plastic pieces that cover the leading edges of the wing can be removed once you feel comfortable landing the aircraft.