RCU Forums - View Single Post - SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?

ORIGINAL: DrMotor

ORIGINAL: apereira
A few years ago, I bought a Turnigy F3A motor, almost an exact copy of the AXI F3A, it said it had a weight of that much and had Japanese bearings, well it weighed a lot more, even when I reworked the engine in my lathe was about 30grs heavier than the specs, and the bearings were not Japanese as it said different on the bearing itself, meaning that at the end, I fully agree with Shannah. it might come form the same factory, but it does not means it is a Hacker, I do own several Hackers and some Turnigys, and there is no way anyone could say they are close to each other, it is clearly visible in the winding for example, so how can it be done in the same machines?? and the materials are not even close.
Apereira, thanks for this comment. I think you must be mistaken, however.
Let me say: I have nothing to gain by making comments which might appear positive about HobbyKing or Turnigy. My only motive is that I dislike the situation where some vendors (i.e. Hacker) sell a particular motor for 4 times the price, when the exact same motor made in the same factory is available under a different brand name (i.e LiPolice, OK Hobby) for 25% of this price. The situation does not seem right, it irritates ...
Here are some replies:

1. There has never been previously, a motor that has been labelled as a ''Turnigy F3A'' motor; -Before the recent appearance of the new ''SK3 F3A'' motor.
2. There has never been a Turnigy motor which has looked anything like the AXI 5330/F3A motor - http://www.modelmotors.cz/index.php?...=F3A&line=GOLD
3. There have been several types of ''Turnigy'' motors over the years. Most of these were manufactured by the XYH factory - http://en.xingyaohua.com/html/default.html
These various motor ranges have been called Turnigy ''standard'', the original Turnigy ''SK Aerodrive XP'', Turnigy ''XP'', Turnigy ''L'' type, and also some others.
4. These previous Turnigy motor types were cheaper and lower quality that the newer SK3 motors. The older Turnigy types were generally fine for good sport flying, many people were happy with these motors. However, they were not generally motors one might consider for an F3A plane.

5. However, we are now in a different ball park with these newer SK3 motors. They are much higher quality and better performance than all the previous Turnigy motor types.
6. The SK3 motors are all made in the SunRay Technology factory, which makes the Hacker and Torque motors on the same production line. They have the same quality and performance (and in most cases identical specs) as Hacker and Torque motors.
7. I have purchased several of the SK3 motors -indoor-size, 30-size, 50-size and 60-size. They come in an identical box to a Hacker motor, have in general identical accessories. And when you take these SK3 motors apart, they have exactly the same stators and windings to the matching same-size Hacker motor.

Apereira, it would be wrong to make any assumption about these quite impressive SK3 motors, from a Turnigy motor that you purchased some years ago.
Times have changed ....
Yes, times have changed, I was screwed once by Turnigy on this one, and that is enough, I have never been screwed by Hacker or Axi, so my money goes to those, Turnigy lied on the motor specs and bearings, again LIED. And let me tell you, I do own the motors I talked about, don't tell me I am mistaken, as I have them, you, on the other said, have only presented words, and, who are you anyway? why should we take your word for granted? Finally, if you can not see the Turnigy Aerodrive XP SK6364-230 not being a copy of the AXI 5330 F3A, then I do understand why you think all this motors are the same.......