RCU Forums - View Single Post - SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 AM
DrMotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?

ORIGINAL: tuny
obviously he started the thread as a question, and that question was answered,
But maybe the intention of the tread was not the question but to convince everybody that he is correct?
1. Quite true. I started the thread as a simple question.
First, I outlined the background of the SK3 motors, and showed how they are manufactured in the same chinese factory as Hacker, Torque etc etc. Then I pointed out that the specs of thenew SK3 F3A motor are surprisingly similar to the Hacker A60-7S V2 28-Poleand the Hacker Q60-7M F3A, and that all threemotorswill be manufactured side-by-side in the same chinesefactory.
Then I asked the question -how similar might theSK3 F3A motor be to the Hacker F3A motor, given the fact that the Hacker F3A motor costs 3.5 times as much as the SK3 F3A.

2. Clearly, the SK3 F3A motor is NOT IDENTICAL to the Hacker F3A motors. -Inever stated that it was.The SK3 and the Hacker motors have a different external appearance, of course. Also the shaft comes out at different ends of the SK3 motor compared to the Hacker -although the Hacker A60-22S V2 28pole ( very similar toHacker A60-7S)is configured similarly to the SK3 F3A motor. And the Hacker motors are 7 turn, whereas the SK3 motor is 6 turn -so they have slightly different Kv's.
However, in many other respects the SK3 F3A and the Hacker F3A motors are quite similar ...

3. I am most certainly not trying to convince anyone that one viewpoint is somehow more "correct" than another.
I am simply presenting objective and verifiable evidence, and making quite reasonableconclusions from this evidence.
It is the objective evidence that is the important thing here ...

4.One issue that seems to crop up for many people - is that for some reason they regard Hacker motors as a "special breed" -very much like we used to think of O.S motors and YS motors in theold IC days. No IC motors could ever be as good as O.S or YS . -they were the "gold standard", "the very best" ...

5. And that seems to be how people think of Hacker motors in 2012 / 2013 -that they are somehow the "gold standard",they are "the best of the best". And that is whyHacker can charge4 times as much for a particularmotor, compared to the same-size Gens Ace motor, or LiPolice motor,or OK Hobby motor etc etc.People will pay this 4-fold premium, for a motor that might be regarded asthe "gold standard" and "the best".
It is almost as if people have an emotional reaction to this matter -that they cannot even begin to believe that Hacker outrunner motors might, in fact, be exactly the same motor sold under adifferent brand name, made in the same factory, using identical working parts,for just 25% of the cost of a Hacker. Theycannot even begin to contemplate the very idea that this "terrible thing" might be happening. It just cannot be true ...

6. BUT ACTUALLY -ARE WE ALL BEING FOOLED ?
In reality, are the Hacker outrunner motors just another one ofthe brands made at the SunRay Technology factory in China, all based on the generic SunRay Tech motors. -Are the Hacker motors actually identical toTorque, Pelikan Foxy, LiPolice, OK Hobby Infinite, Turnigy SK3, Shulman Aviation Fury motors etc etc ... ?
Are the Hacker outrunner motors actually justanother "clone" of the SunRay Tech generic motors ..?
-The only difference being that the Hacker motors have purple colour cans, black end housings, and have the Hacker label placed on them ...?
-The other major difference beingthat the Hackerprice is 4-fold that of the other identical motor brands, made side-by-side at the same factory ..?

That is the basic idea that most people have difficulty with, is it not ...?