RCU Forums - View Single Post - SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?

ORIGINAL: DrMotor

3. I am most certainly not trying to convince anyone that one viewpoint is somehow more ''correct'' than another.
I am simply presenting objective and verifiable evidence, and making quite reasonable conclusions from this evidence.
It is the objective evidence that is the important thing here ...
I'm new to pattern and reletively new to electric. Here's my objective evidence: I bought a cheapo motor to try, it was noisy and sounded like crap. Sounded like it was made with cheap bearings. I hated it. Later tried a cheapo ESC (one of your other favorite topics) and it was DOA. Gave it to a friend with more experience on cheapo ESC's, and he couldn't make it work either.

6. BUT ACTUALLY -ARE WE ALL BEING FOOLED ?
In reality, are the Hacker outrunner motors just another one of the brands made at the SunRay Technology factory in China, all based on the generic SunRay Tech motors. -Are the Hacker motors actually identical to Torque, Pelikan Foxy, LiPolice, OK Hobby Infinite, Turnigy SK3, Shulman Aviation Fury motors etc etc ... ?
Are the Hacker outrunner motors actually just another ''clone'' of the SunRay Tech generic motors ..?
-The only difference being that the Hacker motors have purple colour cans, black end housings, and have the Hacker label placed on them ...?
-The other major difference being that the Hacker price is 4-fold that of the other identical motor brands, made side-by-side at the same factory ..?

That is the basic idea that most people have difficulty with, is it not ...?
Based on my own experience and what I've witnessed with others, I don't think I'm being fooled. My Hackers and Castle ESC's are still running smooth, strong and are reliable (as long as I don't drive them into the ground). And I tend to stick with what works, unless it quits working properly. So far, I'm a happy customer with what I've got, thank you.