RCU Forums - View Single Post - SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?
Old 03-05-2013, 03:55 AM
siberianhusky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?

Just because they look the same does not mean they are the same motor.
I've taken apart a HK Leopard 4074 clone and compared it to a true leopard 4074 . Rotor wasn't nearly nicely as wrapped and cheap chinese bearings. These were ONLY the things I could identify as visibly different, I'd bet cheaper magnets and probably a cheaper shaft as well, probably cheaper copper windings.
Certainly look like a different coloured leopard but the proof is in the pudding. They are NOT built to the same standards.
40$ less than a leopard but also far less quality.
Buy some of these motors, take them apart, test them. Then maybe this thread will have the slightest bit of validity.
All this is is a bunch of regurgitated crap from websites. Based on nothing but how they look on the outside.
Anybody who makes a motor choice based on this drivel is foolish!
Started out thinking cheap stuff was the same as the good stuff, oddly I have almost no cheap stuff left, it's all failed while my Castle and Lehner stuff is still going strong and in no need of replacement.
Add in the lack of customer service from these budget places and the extended wait times for delivery and it's just not worth it.
You know if it's NFG out of the box you just lost your money, I buy from a hobby shop and it doesn't work, I drive back and get a new one right away! You might get lucky with a 6 month PP claim from the over seas shops, but in the mean time you not doing what you enjoy.
Not saying all these motors a junk, but they are not the same as the high end versions, even if they are made in the same plant. Takes no time for them to swap out a roll of copper, change bearings or make shaft blanks out of softer material or load the machinery full of lower quality magnets.
I'm convinced most of these are done with the Leopard clones, they certainly are not as strong running as a true Leopard, thats backed up with a data logger. Amperage was higher and temperatures were higher, just by swapping in a clone motor.
As I said this thread needs some actual testing and not just hours of believing what you read on the internet.