RCU Forums - View Single Post - Off-topic: Am I wrong here?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 04:02 AM
SBS_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off-topic: Am I wrong here?

I'm sorry this post is completely off-topic, but I have followed this forum for so long it feels that I 'know' most of you and I value your input.

A while back I bought a new wing for one of my planes from a U.S. based seller at Ebay. I paid for the item and the shipping cost and he sent the wing (probably via US Mail) and mailed the tracking number. So far all good.

Before the package was delivered to me, the transport company (my national mail company, thus not the same company as originally received the package from the seller) misplaced the package and - when they found it - they made mistake number two and returned it to the sender instead of delivering it to me.

My national mail company admit they have made serious mistakes, but due to international agreements between mail companies any refunds for the shipping cost must be claimed from the original shipping company.

The seller says he can send the wing again, but I have to pay the shipment cost once again. I have told him he can reclaim the original shipping cost from his transporter, but he says that since the mistake was made in my country I'm the one who has to claim money from my national mail company.

Because of the delay when the post company searched for the package, in combination with two transports across the Atlantic, more than 45 days passed before the package was returned to the sender and we started to discuss the cost of resending the wing. That means the timelimit for opening an issue at Ebay or Paypal is overdue, and I will not get any help from them at all (except for a long letter with MANY words that said absolutely nothing except telling me that I'm on my own and citing a lot of company policies).

The position the seller has taken in this issue have made me lost all trust in him and I have therefor asked for a full refund of my money. He has responded that he might refund the wing but not the shipping, which he continues to tell me I have to reclaim from my national mailcompany because they were the one who made the mistakes.

The total sum for the wing and the shipping isn't so large is will keep my children from eating if it's lost, but I tries to keep to a rather low hobby budget so this sum equalls to three months of hobby spendings for me.

Please, tell me if I am thinking wrong here. I know business culture is a lot different in different parts of the world, so help me understand this issue so it can be settled in a way that is good for all parties. Especially I would like to know your opinion concerning:

1. Clearly the postal company made mistakes, but who would you say is responsible for claiming a refund for the original shipping?

2. I have told the seller I lost trust in him and don't want him to resend the wing. Instead I want him to refund all of the money I've paid him. Would you say that's too drastic from me?

3. What if he decides to neither resend the wing, nor refund any money at all? What are my options then?

4. What are your general thoughts in this issue?

As I said in the first line, I value all and any input you may give me.

regards

/Stefan

P.S. If a moderator decides to move this thread, so please just notify me so I can keep follow it.