RCU Forums - View Single Post - Off-topic: Am I wrong here?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM
SBS_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Off-topic: Am I wrong here?

Thank you all for your answers and replies.

I think this is most interesting because it shows a distinct difference in how I am used to behave (and expect my business partners to behave).

If I was selling anything and chose to deliver it by use of a parcel service, transport company or anything such, I would consider them as a subcontractor and thus be liable for any damage they may cause to my customer. And if my subcontractor contracts anyone, my subcontractor (and I) is liable for any damage the sub-subcontractor may cause. Of course I would demand that my subcontractor covers any damage he causes, as well as I would cover any damage to my customer.

Now you all seems to agree that I should forget about the shipping cost and be happy if I get back at least the money for the wing. Why is that? Is it the normal way to do business in US, or is US Mail too tiresome to claim a refund from? Please elaborate the answer as I really like to learn so I could avoid problems in the future.

/Stefan

(I reread this post and sees that it sound a little sarcastic, or maybe tantalizing. That is not the intention, I am just open minded and want to learn, but I can't express myself better in English.)