RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Mirage unboxing / body off/ running vid
Old 03-09-2013, 05:05 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Mirage unboxing / body off/ running vid

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: -JBLKING-

How is the braking reaction time?
Instant, like all electrics, severity is adjustable.
yep, can be adjusted.
stock setup is pretty good. If I go for full brakes it will lock up the tires. 50% braking is enough to slow it down fast.
I think Redcat did well on the motor/esc setup. It seems to match the weight of the model very well. Not so much torque that its gonna rip the driveline in 2, but plenty of power to get it moving without overheating electronics.
To be honest, 3s is plenty fast.

My buddy got a mirage as well. When we go to the track this wednesday, we plan on running 2s packs. The track is small/tight and 2s should be enough to sling the Mirage around plenty fast.

Between the smooth acceleration (the model is not geared to high, no low speed cogging) and the small radio with only 3 "AA" batts the whole thing feels light and effortless.

The tires are a stiff compound. That combined with the sand on the pavement resulted in some oversteer.

When I have some cash, Ill buy some SCT wheels/tires.

The wheels on it are 12mm hex, and the same size/type as standard SCT wheels like a slash.

Even tho the wheels are a stiff compound and this results in reduced traction, I dont mind it at all for bashing.
You would only really want to swap out the tires for running on a track. But for bashing the "tail happy" driving is fun.