RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help with my first plane
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:32 AM
daddyrabbit1234
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my first plane

Hi, My name is Thomas, I'm from Georgia and at 46 just getting into rc planes. Heres my problem: I bought a rtf Cessna 182 500 class electric plane with 51" wing span. The first thing I saw when I unboxed it was the nose busted from front to back. Then when I unpacked the wheels they looked like eggs with the centers being a 1/4 inch off on a 2" tire. I glued the nose up as best I could and ordered 2 new tires as well. I got the plane together and everthing hooked up. I charged the 3s 11.1 volt battery,put it in and the plane beeped. Then I turned my transmitter on and all the flaps and rudder work perfect but the motor is lifeless. I then reread the instructions and proceeded with the jump wire and bind procedure and still nothing. The reciever blinks with just the battery and it stays light when I turn on the transmitter. Could the esc be dead or the motor be dead. I don't know how to check them. I double checked all plugs and wires and I'm getting 0 supprt from the distributor I bought it from. I need some guidance from some of you rc guru's.