RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help with my first plane
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 03:59 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help with my first plane

Welcome Thomas,
This plane was sold by a company called Banana Hobby and now I see it's available by several resellers. You have found out the hard way how these places operate and there are two more companies you can roll into the mix and that's Nitroplanes and Hobby King. Their MO is to target the newcomer with flashy pics and videos and price , Typically the planes come in damaged and you will never get much if any support from any of them. Hopefully you can get this thing running and your next plane purchase it from a more reputable company like Horizon Hobby where you can get excellent support after the sale.
The manufacturer of this plane is Art Tech (I believe) and I think FMS made a version of it too. It looks like a very detailed plane and is made OK but the motor is just enough to fly it from the reviews I have read. That is another typical downfall with planes from these companies. The electronics are just the bare minimum and quality to make it fly.
First ALWAYS turn your transmitter on first
Second plug the battery into the speed control in the plane while someone else is securely holding the plane. NOTE: When first setting up a plane and working on problems always take off the propeller from the motor to be safe !
You should hear the ESC give a series of tones and then silence. At this point you should have movement on all of the control surfaces (rudder,elevator, and ailerons and you should have control of the motor as you raise the left stick.
If not, unplug the battery from the plane and turn off the transmitter. Check the left stick and make sure it is all the way back and check the small trim lever to the right of the throttle stick. That trim lever should be all the way down.
Turn on the transmitter then plug the plane in and see if the throttle works the motor. If not unplug/turn off everything,
check the plug from the ESC speed control going into the receiver and make sure it is plugged in properly and it is plugged into the correct port (labeled channel 3 or throttle).
You say you did the binding. Make sure that was done correctly.
Now you may have the throttle reversed on the transmitter. Before you turn on the transmitter to try again, locate the channel reversal switches. They are probably on the front/bottom of the transmitter. Locate the one for channel3/throttle and note how it is positioned. Now move it to the opposite position.
Turn on the transmitter and then plug in the battery to the ESC and see if the throttle starts the motor now.