RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help with my first plane
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:19 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help with my first plane

If you have never flown before, the Cessna  or any "scale" model is not a good choice as a first time trainer. That ,and wanting to go up by yourself is a recipe for a crash early on.  A trainer is a purpose built plane with a wing design that allows the plane to right itself and keep flying right-side up if you get in trouble while high enough in the air. The Cessna and other scale planes go where they are pointed for the most part and have no built-in designs to help a new pilot. Scale-type planes are a handful for new pilots and first flights usually don't go well.
I'm not trying to scare you away but rather be honest with you.
If you are determined to fly this I recommend at least finding someone who is an experienced RC pilot and have them check it out and  take it up for the first flight. When it's in the air and trimmed out  they could hand you the controls (after some general instruction) and you could try and fly it. When you get in trouble they can take the control back and recover the plane, try again, and then land it for you.
That is the best approach in learning to fly using this plane or any first time plane.
Here is an example of  a good electric trainer:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-radio-EFL2725