RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed's Ziroli B-25 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:09 PM
bigE
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ed's Ziroli B-25 Build

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

Well Ed you got the juices flowing, time to start buying the stuff for my build.. If my wife PM's you thanking you for this build thread and ends it with a little angry dude icon. Please tell her that my plan is to have a ring that she wants in the bomb bay and was gonna drop it at her feet once my bird is done....lol[img][/img]

Love the job you are doing on yours, great stuff and very well written as well as great pics.. I will be using this thread to aid in my build for sure...

Question.
Did you price out cutting the kit yourself verse buying it already cut, if so, is there much savings cutting yourself? Time is always an issue with me as well, but I figure if I start cutting in the spring a little at a time, by the fall I would be ready to go and that's when I am planning on starting mine...

Also and I'm sure you said it in another post, what are you powering yours with??

Thanks again and keep up the good work..

Jimbo
Thanks for the kind words- and I'm glad I got you motivated to get started! Good luck with the wife! Mines gonna have a cow when I get the retracts. Lol
I did not price out the wood separately. For me, the laser cutting is so nice and a huge time saver- worth any added expense.
As far as power- I decided on the OS GT 33. They run beautifully, very quiet with the included pits muffler, weighs less than the g26, will swing a 17-10 3 blade which is only an inch from being scale, and I can fly around comfortably at a much lower throttle setting and not worry about how noisy it is. We shall see if it all works out in the end. I'll post some pics of the engine tomorrow.