RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed's Ziroli B-25 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 07:00 AM
bigE
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ed's Ziroli B-25 Build

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

I here ya on the kit cutting, hard to match the quality of laser cutting doing it old school with a scroll saw and sander, I think you made up my mind for me with going with the kit... Are you happy with the work that NB did on yours, would you use them again?

I'm going with the 118'', I have a pair of seasoned DLE 55's that I would like to use. Anyone know if they will fit, or are they to big? With not having to buy motors for this project, it will go along way with the budget on this build..

Ed,
I here ya on the wife and retracts, true story that just happened last weekend.. I will send you a PM to keep your thread on track..

This was the first time i have had a kit cut, so i dont really have a frame of reference. So ill give you some pros and cons for NB-
PROS-
- kit delivered fast- within just a couple days of ordering.
- well packaged, no damage.
- free shipping
CONS-
-Some of the balsa is really heavy to the point of being unusable. for example- Leading edge stock is so hard that its almost impossible to shape properly. The blocks they give you for the back of the nacelles weighs a ton. I'm finding myself going to the local hobby shop to replace stuff.
- about a half dozen missing parts. If the plans call for aircraft ply, it's not included.

To be honest, I might try a different company for my next project. I do understand that these are some of the pitfals of scratch building, and I'm not necessarily unhappy with NB, but I would also like to try one of the other vendors.