RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help with my first plane
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 08:48 AM
daddyrabbit1234
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with my first plane

Thanks Brian, I found out about the confusing controls on my sons rc truck when Iwent across the yard and turned to come back everything was backwards as far as controlls. I'm hoping since I've owned my own grading and excavating business for the last twenty years that my trackhoe skills will help me out some what. Primarily all I do is operate a trackhoe with joysticks and buttons and I take quickly to operating almost anything. Most of the time I'm just ripping out dirt or big trees but sometimes I'm taking a 60,000 pound machine and digging beside a plastic natural gas line no bigger around than a coke can and thats where the feel comes into play. I hope this ability will help me in my flying as well. Good advise on the take off and I'm going to do it as you described. How about landing??? I've heard a lot of flyers say come in hot with no flaps on the maiden then I've heard to control my speed coming in and use flaps then cut the motor when the wheel touch. I've got plenty of room to come in like a blistered monkey if need be.