RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Bakersfield 2nd Annual Pattern Bash
Old 03-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2013 Bakersfield 2nd Annual Pattern Bash

Ok a lot has happened since my last post and its all pretty exciting stuff. First of all we now have a host Hotel and it is the Hampton Inn. I had a meeting today with Raquel who is the marketing Director and she has set us up with a great package for not just the Pattern contest in April, but the IMAC Contest as well as the District Champs. The rooms are imaculant, breakfast from 6-10, enclosed parking, and its on the same road as the field less then 20 minutes away. Unfortunately, we were only able to get 25 rooms this time but in the future we will have as many as needed. Please follow the link I am going to be posting tomorrow and don't wait to long or you will be staying elsewhere. Normally the rooms go for $119.00 a night but that will be brought down to $89.00 if you mention Bear Mountain Flyers or the Pattern Bash.

As most of you are aware Masters seems to be the largest class at most events. Its not uncommon to have between 6-10 guys at even the smallests local contest, but so far by my count we are looking at 16-18 maybe even 20 guys and thats just off the top of my head. Anyhow I think we have found a really good solution and so far all the pilots I have spoken with are really excited to try this out. We are going to give all the Masters pilots the option when signing up to choose which class they want to be in. Basically we have added Expert back into the mix but in name only. Expert pilots will fly the Masters as they normally would however they can compete against guys that are a little less serious and have a great time fighting it out amongst themselve for some of the beautiful hardware we hand out when its over.

There is no points system or magic number this year to determine who flies which class, but if this works out I am sure we will come up with something. BTW I would like to let eveyone know that Jon Carter is joining me this year and we are CD'ing this together. Leon will be back next year in that role, but we decided some things are more importantant and thats just where I am going to leave it. Anyhow here is a list of who will not need to worry about choosing one or the other they will fly in Masters.

Chris F.
Sean Mersh
Jerry Budd
Matt Stringer
Kirt Campbel
lJon Carter
Bryant Mac
Jeff Carder
Leon Robison
Kyle Dahl
Richard V.

The following are just a few I have signed up for Expert. Already its shaping up to be one heck of a class.

Jarvis johnson
Bill Wallace
Steve K.
Jim Oddino
Lynn Burkes
Frank Capone
Robert Green
Dale O.
Undecided

Also by running the event this way Masters and Expert can judge each other without putting the entire load on the FAI guys. I really feel this is a win, win situation all the way around.

This year we have decided to go back to the way it used to be and strongly recommend for everyone to pre-register. Not only will it save you $20.00 but we will refund it if for some reason you can't make it provided you notify us not later than thurs. April 25th. Pregistration will be open from March 20th until Sat April 20th. The reason being is that we want to have eveything ready for you guys when you arrive. Flight order,Which Flight Line you will start off on, Time of Day you can expect to fly, Judging Assignments, Your Names entered in the MPPS Scoring Program by Class as well as in the Judges Column, Pilots Packets prepared to include your 2013 Shirt and goodie bag, how many we need to plan on having for the Fri. night dinner at the field. Etc.

The entry fee is going to be $60.00 for AMA and $40.00 for Old School. However if you are planning on flying 2 classes you can elect to just recieve one pilot package and pay $85.00 for both. Lunches will be like last year, pizza friday, Taco Plate Sat. and Chicken Plate Sunday.

We will not have much of a break during lunch however we will make time for Kyle to do his thing, as well as some type of speed demo.

This just about covers everything, except the Bearcat Racing. Peter, I am sorry the shipping cost more from overseas locations to here, I think it has something to do with the distance, but don't hold me to that. Basically its another $20.00 or there about which is definitely a bummer, however when factored in to what you really get its still an awesome price. I know they are sending (or have sent) a container with the bearcats to the US warehouse but I do not have an expected deliverey date as of yet.

Please chime in with any Q's you might have and keep checking back for more updates.

Mre Later

C