RCU Forums - View Single Post - pitch& trottle curves
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: pitch& trottle curves

Copying somebody-elses numbers will most likely lead to damaging your helicopter or hurting yourself or others. Learning how to program those parameters yourself, will lead to your skill set advancing in this hooby.

Given Solman's question above, I will assume that you are looking at Scale flight. These are not intended for aerobatic, or 3D flight.

1. Throttle curve:
With the throotle stick at mid point and the trim up, adjust the servo arm and carburetor arm as indicated in this article:
[link]http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli/ARCHIVE_THROTTLE.html[/link]
Do not worry about the idle up curves as those are intended for NON Scale flight. Make sure the travel is set to -100 to +100 and the carb goes thru it's ful range without binding at the ends. -90 to +87 (or somewhere close) is acceptable.

2. Pitch curve:
Again assuming scale flight, I recommend the pitch curve to go from approx -4degrees to +10 degrees going thru about 4 to 6 degrees at mid stick. This is your hovering point - mid stick.

Flight adjustments:
After the pitch and throttle curves are programmed, take the heli out for a flight, and adjust the mid point of the curves (hovering point) until you have a strong sounding engine and a solid hover. Punching out (full throttle should provide a smooth transition and plenty of power. Adjust the 75% points and 100% points of the curves to provide good power and headspeed. Decrease pitch value if your engine is already at 100% and you do not have the power at full throttle. Adjust the 25% point on the throttle curve, if when reducing power to land the engine over-revs. Make sure you still have enough power to recover from a bad landing approach.

If you require additional information, don't hesitate to ask. Also RCU has a great Search feature that will provide a lot of information. Information that goes back to the creation of the website.

Rafael