RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 soviet steel
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 11:12 AM
lposter

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts
Default RE: 1/10 soviet steel

I didnt intend updating this thread for a while but I posted a picture on another less appropriate thread and will update this one.

Here are some pictures.

The chassis is pretty much done...suspension is in, main body work done (even if its not in the pics here as bolting everything together is annoying for pictures.).

Ihad to rethink the road wheels...... the rims are a steel exhaust pipe of the right diameter +/- 2mm. Ithen used a hole saw to cut out steel disks from a 3 mm sheet. No fun that Ican tell you.

Then, using a template from plastic, Ibored out the holes and then brazed the inserts into the rims. Then Igot washers of the right size, bored out the correct holes and they will be mounted as hubcaps. A nice carraige bolt will then be the axle.

The swing arms are the same as shown earlier with a 2 cm brass cap mounted on the top bit. They are tapped and threaded with 4 mm grub screws to hold axles and the bits on th ehull.

The retun trollers were made by cutting steel pipe of the right diameter and brazing that onto steel squares. The excess was then filed off and they were assembled much as the road wheels were.

The turret framwork is 3 mm steel angle and 3 mm steel flats of 1 cm width. It looks shabby but the angles and measurements are dead on. Steel panels will then be bolted on to form th eturret. Th etop panel will be removable.

The bubbly engine cover thingunder the hull is actually a galvanised steel gate post end (a sphere). I cut off the bit Ineeded and then brazed that into a steel sheet with a hole of the right diameter cut out of it.

The grills over the engine are just thin strips of steel brazed into what Iwanted. The exhaust pipes are also done but not assembled. Soon I will work on the tracks.

The mudguards are cut out and ready for aseembly.

p
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66008.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	1862756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97735.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	1862757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21538.jpg
Views:	107