RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Yak?
Thread: Seagull Yak?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 04:01 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Yak?

ORIGINAL: proteus_X3

I have just started my Seagull Yak-54 and I have a question for those who have in stalled the zenoah G-20 .Since this model comes out tail heavy most of the time and from posts I have read that the G20 is mount directly to the firewal with no stand-offs l,why hasn't anyone used stand off's and move the engine forward? The manual states engine mount distance of 140mm or 5.5" from Firewall to prop hub.The G20length is 4.70 for the correct position of a G20 you should have a stand-off of .800"
The reason I' m asking is because I have a J-Tec pitts style muffler for the G20 and I would like to use it,if I useHangar 9 Taylorcraft G20cc
stand-off 's which are 1.080" long this plus the enginelength comes out to 5.82" .320"furtherforwardof manual recommendation Idon'tsee a problem doing this,did I miss something I welcome you input and advice. Thanks and Cheers: Rich
I flew the G20 on mine. I used short standoffs to position the prop where it is called for. No balance issues; mine flew best balanced just behind te wing tube.