RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Mato Metal Stug Ready for production
Old 03-19-2013, 08:32 PM
STO_118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Mato Metal Stug Ready for production

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude
STO 118 you use the word "we" in your posts alot, so can you explain what relationship you have to these tanks? The way your post reads it is as if you were part of the design team or something.
If you are then it lends credence to what you say, if not then I guess i'll just have to wait to get my tank to see if a traverse would work or not.
I don't work for Mato if that is what your implying but I do help them out from time to time. Mato ask for advice and research information and I help where I can. I am not the only one who does this and I know some people in the UK have helped out in the past and perhaps future as well. The Panzer III in particular I put a number of hours into. The StuG as well, I wanted to add a limited traverse to the gun mount but in order to do this it would have required a significant re-design of various items. Since for the most part these tanks are designed to use Heng Long electronics and to help keep the costs down Mato decided not to work on it.

I would have liked to have done more but I am limited by running my business and working as well.

Spitvalve it isn't Heng Long making these tanks, it is Mato using completely new moulds and R&D. The various smaller detail parts are designed to work with Heng Long tanks and the tank themselves with Heng Long electronics but this more to sell more than just tanks and keep running costs and options open for end users.

Dirtybird, Mato have decided to make just metal tanks for the moment.

The sales of individual tanks is very speculative, the sales of the Tigers, Panzer III's and all the upgrade parts has obviously been enough for them to move forward with their plans. It is very easy to say release an Italian tank but how many people would buy one? I don't think it justifies the cost at the moment.

It is better for the manufacturers to release tanks they know will sell and stay in busness than to go through the great expense and potential losst because a few people in the hobby want them. That is the problem, the hobby is small, costs are high and increasing all the time especially in China.