RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has HL upped their game?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:48 AM
interstates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has HL upped their game?

I recently went through a pretty nasty relationship bust up, so bad I had to declare bankruptcy and sell one of the cars.
Anyway, I'm getting myself set up again- got a new place to live for me and my cat Oscar, and a garage for my old Mercedes.
As a "get out of jail" present, I bought a new tank- HL Tiger with smoke and sound.
First thing I noticed was the box- it said Infrared Battle System. I thought "Crap, they sent the wrong one."
They didn't- it's airsoft, which is what I wanted.
Second thing was the packing- every other HL I've bought has just been shoved into the foam, and then the box.
This one had wads of bubblewrap between the top of the tracks and the upper hull, and a sheet taped over the whole tank.
Then the tank itself- it seems a step up in quality compared to my other HL's. The fit and finish appears better- a much nicer tank.
Nothing was broken or damaged, unlike the other 6, and it ran perfectly straight out of the box.
I didn't even have to tighten the screws on the drive sprockets. That's a first for me!
The only gripe, and it's a very minor one, is they put 2 left hand grenade launchers in the box instead of one of each.
Big deal- I can live with that.

So, after all this drivel, have they lifted their game and started listening to customer feedback, or did I just get lucky?
I really hope not- for the money, I think they are a good deal, but I wonder how many people have been put off in the past by tanks arriving damaged, then buying something else instead.
Or is it just the fact I bought this one from a different supplier?
I normally buy my tanks on ebay, but the Tiger was from Hobby King.
Would that make a difference?

Just wondering.

Larry.