RCU Forums - View Single Post - possible scam alert
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible scam alert

Well guys, I think I have been possibly scammed on Ebay and wanted to give the rest of you a heads up. I won this auction, ebay#160989937849, a New in box Tamiya Tiger last week. I thought I scored a good deal considering it only went for $107 with $70 for shipping, however, a few items this week aroused my suspicion. While perusing my favorite search of 1/16 scale tanks again on Ebay, my eye caught Ebay#251247843948, Ebay#2512478445649, and finally Ebay#271175111886. These auctions were similar to mine in that they all start at a low price point and all are located in a similar geographic location with a seller with no rating. Ebay#271175111886 really struck me as odd as I could have sworn I have seen that tank before, so a little digging later I found Ebay#160991308176. This sealed the deal for me. The morons used the other guys picture AND description of the item in their ad. Fearing the worst, I contacted the seller in my auction and requested a tracking number, they replied a courier was used so a tracking number was not available and I wouldn’t see the tank for 20 to 30 days. I sent another message asking what company they used and so far I have not received a response. I will be the first to apologize if the tank does indeed show up, but I am not holding my breath. I did contact the creator of the righteous ad to let him know there are unscrupulous types using his picture to scam people. If I don’t have an answer on the courier question by tonight, I will report the whole operation as a scam. What do you guys think, am I overreacting? I am a FFL that sells firearms and I have seen many scams before, it sucks that I may have fallen into one here…