RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 05:17 AM
jlhambright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

Hi all, sorry I haven't contributed much to the thread, but I have been busy with my AMA Pica build and wife hasn't felt well, so time has been short since first of year.

Both Wings & tail feathers are done, I'm working on the fuselage now. Just bent up the LG and installed in fuse with shock assembly. I installed the servos and have some linkage ran before going to far on the fuselage, have the bottom wing fitted level with crutch and 0 deg incidence. I don't care for the rear mount carb on the DLE, it places the choke and throttle linkage right in front of the fuel tank, had to make a 180 degree bellcrank for the choke, next one will have a duel assem for throttle and choke. Since the model will be a super did the rudder balance tab, raised the tailwheel 3" and redesigned the LG 3" lower with stock tract width, I am not quite sure where fuse stations were moved to get the 10" length overall length increase, so I built the fuse to plan.

I see -7 used the same full size Waco to model as I have, you did a great job, even the axel covers on wheel pants nice detail, what type of paint did you you use? I am thinking about water based house paint, have used it in the past, it's easy to color match, but gloss is somewhat of a problem.

The only concern I have is the wheel pants, Fibertec n more's cowl is great but wheel pants are 3/4" to wide and not quite the right profile. I could cut it out down the center, but that would shorten them too much. Thought about making my own fiberglass mold, which is the only way I can see to get multiple copies of the correct shape. Does anyone have a better solution? Started to carve a scale WP and one of my dogs found it and chewed the rear section, oh well I think I will do it in foam anyway. Will try to contribute to the thread more often, here are some pics of my attempts at a Waco.

-
John Hambright, AMA 601984
Waco Brotherhood #232
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20903.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1865139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58229.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1865140   Click image for larger version