RCU Forums - View Single Post - Exo Terra build questions and comments
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Salinas Hawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exo Terra build questions and comments

Some goofs in the instructions: Kit purchased Feb 2013 in Shanghai, China.

Steps 6 and 11: When inserting the grommets into the Front and Rear Aluminum Toe Blocks, pay close attention to the exploded views regarding grommet orientationin these steps. The grommets are labeled incorrectly in Step6. Step 11 is okay, but I'd recommend carefully looking at both steps, and makingsure you've got all your grommets orientated correctly before attaching any a-arms.

Step 8
: The orientation of the camber tower in the illustration is misleading, wrong. It only fits one way, soI'd be surprised if anybody actually put it on backwards, but still... take a look.

Step 15
: I got a kit with the aluminum motor mount, whew. But the directions are for a plastic motor mount.

According to the instructions, plastic part AX80105.1 is held in place by four AXA116, M3x12mm screws.

But Hardware Bag D only included two AXA116.Bag Dhad a tiny bag stapled to it that includedtwo AXA114, M3x8mm screws.
I assumed that the two shorter screws went into the aluminum motor mount, and the two longer screws went intoplastic part AX80105.4

Did I assume right?

Note: Dont forget threadlock on the two that go into the aluminum motor mount.

I will addsome pics tonight. This may seem like no big deal, but man, I thought I had two 12mm screws where I needed 8mm, and started taking things apart to double check. What an irritation to an otherwise smooth build to this point.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29085.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1865432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38418.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1865433