RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which (chinese) facctories make various brands of ESC ..?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:27 AM
DrMotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which (chinese) facctories make various brands of ESC ..?

QUESTION: WHICH FACTORY MAKES THE TURNIGY DLUX RANGE OF ESC's ?
ANSWER: It is Sunray Technology (-of course ... )

This whole thread started 12 months ago, with the simple question: WHO MAKES THE TURNIGY DLUX ESC's ...?
See post #1: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11215832
At the time (March 2012) I reasoned that it might be the ZTW factory.This was partly because the Turnigy dlux ESC's use a program box which is exactly the same as the Gens Ace program box (see pics). And I have never seen this particular program box used for any other ESC's. And as you will note -we thought at the time, that Gens Ace ESC's were made by ZTW.-So it all seemed reasonable at the time, and fitted together.

I suppose you can guess what is coming next. Of course, we now know that Gens Ace ESC's are made by Sunray Tech -and not by ZTW.
I am 99.9% sure now, that the whole range of Turnigy dlux ESC's is made by Sunray Technology.
This is not simply because Turnigy dlux ESC's use exactly the same program box as Gens Ace ESC's.
The functions (not cosmetic appearance)of Turnigy dlux ESC's (at least the S-BEC ones that also do data logging) are almost identical to the BMI Spitz Data Log ESC's -and we know these BMI ESC's are made by Sunray Tech. For instance, BMI Spitz Data Log ESC'suse the Sunray jumper program card (6 pins at the top etc ...) see: http://www.bmi-models.com/#en/SPITZ_Controllor/4/1423
In addition,features of the programming of Turnigy dlux ESC's are almost identical with E-F Airboss / Common-Sense-RC / Sonic Electric / Gens Ace / OK Hobby Infinite ESC's (i.e "typical Sunray brands" of ESC) .
Also,some features of Turnigy dlux ESC'sare similar with Jeti SPIN ESC's, and Jeti SPIN Pro ESC's.

-This will all be demonstrated in future posts in this thread.

Pics show: 1, Turnigy dlux ESCprogram box; 2, Gens Ace ESC program box
-the buttons on these program boxes do different things, but important pointis that the boxes themselves are identical ...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51297.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1865440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56805.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1865441