RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 03-23-2013, 05:58 AM
all4scale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K

Gday Gents

Well I can happily say I am now a part of the Carf Gee Bee maiden club. I test flew mine today and let me tell you what a fantastic model to fly. Mind you I cant thank enough for everyone that has put into this forum as it has bee a great help and im sure it would of ended differently if I didnt read some of the hints and tips put forward by everyone. Mine didnt have any bad tendencies at all. All it needed was a bit of up trim, which was expected from again what I have read in this forum. The stall was non existant and all she did was drop the nose and flew out. It does a perfect knife edge which made the 4 and 8 point rolls a breeze. The landing wasnt the best but any landing with a gee bee that you can walk away from is a good one!!! Better landing will come with practice and time on the model. Anyway again thank you for everyones input and enjoy the video. Oh unfortunately my friend who had the video camera thought he was videoing the flight when at the end he realised he has pushed the wrong button. Whoops! not to worry though luckily another friend got the take off, a few passes and the landing on his phone which enabled to make the short video. I will post more videos as i get them.

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPBwv...ature=youtu.be
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19308.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	1865485