RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)
Old 03-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Jcobra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)

Purchased my son an HPI sprint 2 flux camaro for Christmas. We've only used it a couple times because of the weather. Yesterday I charged both of the batteries for it, I connected the after market battery and there was a spark at the connector. As I was putting the body on the car I began to smell and see smoke pouring from the battery. I immediately dissconnected the battery and pulled it out of the car. By then the wires had melted off the battery but the car seemed to be fine. The only thing i could think was that I crossed the wires (neg/pos). I let it sit for a few minutes and then I connected the battery that came with the car making sure wires weren't crossed. There was a spark and the battery started getting hot and smoking within seconds.  Now I'm out 2 batteries and who knows what's wrong with the car. We've invested $500 into this thing after buying the rapid charger and spare battery and I don't know what to do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as are new to this hobby.