RCU Forums - View Single Post - Testing the new NV (Norvel) .40 size (6.5cc) gasoline glow engine
Old 03-26-2013, 06:13 AM
hllywdb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Testing the new NV (Norvel) .40 size (6.5cc) gasoline glow engine

I'm going to jump in here again on the oil/gas mixing for you guys that have recieved your engines and are chomping at the bit to run them. NV realy does know what they are talking about on the castor mix. There have been numerous posts here by a lot of people as to how castor doesn't just mix and go with gas like a synthetic 2 stroke oil. You realy DO need to let it disolve for a week before running it, especially for break in or you will ruin your motor. Benol will dislove faster by a day or two, (in my experience) but regular castor will take a week. The synthetics are a big No No. That has been tested and has failed every time. I prefer the Benol racing as I believe that good oil is cheap insurance on any motor, especially with the higher temps here in FL. That being said the technical castor has been proven to work just fine with no failures.

Again, if you follow their instructions to a "T", you will be happy with the results.