RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 03:50 PM
mike109

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

G'day

Like Dave Hobbs, I am still using the first plug that either came in or was put in my new Saitos. Some are now several years old.

I generally use the Saito plug that comes with a Saito but if I need a replacement, I use an OS F or an Enya #3. Both work fine. I have recently bought a couple of Enya F plugs to try.

When four strokes don't run well (usually other club members), I generally suggest they try some of my fuel before anything else. This usually solves the problem. One friend was using fuel which I mixed for him. Then he complained that it would not work. We tried the usual tuning but then I filled his tank with my fuel and the engine was totally happy. On investigation it turned out that he had been using the Solaro method of fuel storage. He had lots of tail ends in several containers and he poured the lot into a half full bottle of the fuel I had mixed. The old fuel wrecked the good fuel.

Another friend found that after his first flight his remaining fuel was discoloured and dark. He found that with each succeeding flight the engine would get rougher and rougher until it stopped in flight. We sampled the fuel in the tank and sure enough it was quite dark. A complete fresh tank and the motor was happy again. So this motor has now been converted to run without muffler pressure. It now works fine. My Saitos do not foul up their fuel. The engines that did were ASPs.

Cheers

Mike in Oz