View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 AM
lomcevac540T
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seagull Gee Bee Z

ORIGINAL: mbgbe696

ORIGINAL: lomcevac540T

I am planning to have mine in the air sometime in April. I am waiting on my engine to show. I don't know if you guys have any experience with Mintor gas motors, but you should check them out! Not trying to knock a DLE engine, but these Mintors are way better quality and have more power for the size than any I have tried. I have to admit that I have never been much of a DLE fan after going through the DL's then DLA's now the DLE. I know lots of people have had good luck with them lately and they have improved by leaps and bounds, but in my opinion they aren't the quality of the Mintor. I am already running two of them on other planes and they are flawless. I have a 22cc and a 33cc, and I am planning to put another 22cc on my Gee Bee. Just saying check them out if you haven't already.
. I'm using an SPE 26cc, what type of cutoff switch are you planning on using, if one?
I use the Wike RC ignition battery eliminator in all my gas engines. I get them from Troy Built Models. They plug into your receiver and get the power from you RX battery. By doing it this way, you eliminate an extra battery to charge, plus you use the channel that you plug it into as a switch to turn the ignition on and off. They have a voltage regulator so you can set the outgoing voltage to the ignition. I use them on Mintor 22cc, 33cc, DA60, and a DA 120 with no problems since I switched to them. I really like the ability to kill the ignition from the TX if an emergency situation should occur. It also has a red LED to let you know when the ignition is hot. Check them out..
[link]http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/WRCIBEFV2.1.html[/link]