RCU Forums - View Single Post - BOOMERANG ELAN - New Build & Setup Thread!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BOOMERANG ELAN - New Build & Setup Thread!

Hello Sluggo,

My Elan came in at 11.5 kg or 25.3 pounds with a P80SE and a full bubble trap. Has dual batteries for receiver and the obvious lipo for ECU.
Considering yours is also glassed I would not say its heavy.
My handles perfectly and I still have plenty of verticalpower to go vertical to do 3 stall spins and be at a safe distance to recover. Not that it needs much input to recover.
Lands easily on a 300ft runway with heaps still left and I can fly it that slow that I have some people at my club come up to me and tell me they thought it was going to fall out of the sky. This is done with flaps of course. I don’t even have crow setup.
Will perform great aerobatics, knife edge, stall spins, snaps, and all the other usual stuff eg rolls loops etc etc .
Things to look out for is the wing pins get wear and you will get some play.
Easy fix and hysol these in place.
Elevator stab does get some cracking in the sheeting. I inspected mine with a camera and found that only the sheeting was effected.
I fixed this by getting thin CA and poring it in every spot I can reach and I have not had any other issues.
I still love to fly my plane every time I go out and it’s the best aerobatic sports jet I got.
Ivan