Old 03-28-2013, 02:27 AM
Taurus Flyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: El Gringo

ORIGINAL: countilaw

ORIGINAL: hook57

ORIGINAL: sehlers

Taurus Flyer -

From your post I assume you are inferring that Ted White Stole the Design ,Renamed it , and took credit for it ??? Because a person named Marty Moad made an Airplane called El Toro - in the early 60's .......

Other than having a Spanish name with a Masculine Prefix ,there are little similarities in the airframe design . There are no numerical dimensions in your plans to compare specifically ,but suffice it to say the fuse moments are different ,the fuse is construction is different ,The horizontal span is different ,the Rudder design is different, the Wing Airfoils are different .I can go on .....

Furthermore , the Horizontal movement was made by Ted in his design for the reasons I gave ,not to look like or copy the El Toro .

From what I know about R/C Precision acrobatics , in 1962 were they even doing 4 and 8 point rolls ? Slow Rolls ?? Knife Edge ? I don't have a 1961 AMA rule book or FIA manual ,if there was such a thing ,so I don't know with out some research .

Again Ted moved the tail to correct a pitching condition his first design had ,as he told me . Again if he stole the Idea from Moad ,you should lay blame also to Joe Bridi for using the same design criteria in his Super Koas in 1973 ....

What you are saying is basically, if an airplane has Any design trait or look of Any previously flown aircraft it Must be a Copy ......

Wow, the FAI and Masters pattern flyers of today would have a litigation nightmare with that one !

I will Talk to Ted personally and report back here with the ''Truth'' about the El Toro vs El Gringo Debate !

Happy Holidays to all !!!
Sehlers (Steve),

Give no mind to Taurass Flyer, he enjoys polluting every thread that contains any bit of information he deems unsuitable. It's much like the (his) ''RC World according to Cees''. As many have done, simply block him because a case of Summers Eve is too difficult to apply over the Internet.
hook
+1

Frank

Frank,

This was the link I showed in post 32:

ORIGINAL: Mike Denest

ORIGINAL: kdheath

Another one I have in my stash of to-do-someday plans is Ted White's El Gringo. TEd was one of those Texas balls-out flyers and great fun to watch. There is also a 40 size El Gringito.

http://www.rcmmagazine.com/e/env/000...m=plans:PL-436
Hi KD,
That one is a later updated version. The design originally goes back to around 1961 or so (El Toro TF). I have a copy of American Modeler with a small plan of the original design as a tailgragger. I scanned the drawings then imported it into Autocad then traced the outlines. I'm almost finished with the plans but need to do some wing rib lofting as yet. Here's a peek at what I have done.
I am not the only modeler that sees the developments of several low wing models on the time path and in the past knowledge of course was widely spread under the pattern flyers.

When you know the Orion, you know the El Toro, El Gringo and the El Gringito.

And of course all designs are influenced by earlier models!
What's wrong to write that? Read the whole thread,

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_34...tm.htm#3430902

Or didn't knew the designer of the El Gringo the El Toro?
Hard to believe when you read al the articles of the past, even people did live at another coast. That's my opinion I show in this thread, no more no less.

As an example see my "Mustang". the Orion with inverted engine and retracts!

Cees
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93292.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1867460