Thread: El Gringo
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 05:37 AM
Taurus Flyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: El Gringo

ORIGINAL: sehlers

Taurus Flyer -

From your post I assume you are inferring that Ted White Stole the Design ,Renamed it , and took credit for it ??? Because a person named Marty Moad made an Airplane called El Toro - in the early 60's .......

Other than having a Spanish name with a Masculine Prefix ,there are little similarities in the airframe design . There are no numerical dimensions in your plans to compare specifically ,but suffice it to say the fuse moments are different ,the fuse is construction is different ,The horizontal span is different ,the Rudder design is different, the Wing Airfoils are different .I can go on .....

Furthermore , the Horizontal movement was made by Ted in his design for the reasons I gave ,not to look like or copy the El Toro .

From what I know about R/C Precision acrobatics , in 1962 were they even doing 4 and 8 point rolls ? Slow Rolls ?? Knife Edge ? I don't have a 1961 AMA rule book or FIA manual ,if there was such a thing ,so I don't know with out some research .

Again Ted moved the tail to correct a pitching condition his first design had ,as he told me . Again if he stole the Idea from Moad ,you should lay blame also to Joe Bridi for using the same design criteria in his Super Koas in 1973 ....

What you are saying is basically, if an airplane has Any design trait or look of Any previously flown aircraft it Must be a Copy ......

Wow, the FAI and Masters pattern flyers of today would have a litigation nightmare with that one !

I will Talk to Ted personally and report back here with the ''Truth'' about the El Toro vs El Gringo Debate !

Happy Holidays to all !!!

Gents, read, Ted White,

I would like to be able to say I designed the “El Gringo” from scratch with no help, and that it was al mathematecally and scientifically engineered. However, needles to say, that is not true. It is a combination of many airplanes that I have flown or have seen flown. There are three airplanes, in particular, that I considered to have both the lines, stability and maneuverability I wanted. One of them was Jack Butler’s “Moody”. Another was Martin Moad’s “El Toro” and the third was Eddy Morgans take off of the “Moody”. Having flown the “El Toro” and Eddy Morgans “Moody”, they were found to be very fast and extremely smouth in maneuvers. However wanting an airplane that I could call my own and incorporating some pet ideas of my own resulted in the design and construction of the “El Gringo”

TED WHITE

Subject is closed for me, proved is I was right.
For Ted White the El Toro was one of the planes as an example for his design the El Gringo, he even did fly the El Toro himself before!.
Of course I never used "stole" but did want to show he used the El Toro as (one of) the example(s)!

Cees

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47354.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	1867491