RCU Forums - View Single Post - Exo Terra build questions and comments
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:16 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Exo Terra build questions and comments

The best way I describe the process is to fill the body to the point of nearly overflowing with oil. Set it aside and let the air bubble rise to the top, this can take several minutes. You need to move the piston through the oil a few times to coax all the air from the bottom to rise to the top.

Then you can secure the cap to the body by tightening it about 1 turn so that its loose. Compress the shock about 3/4 in and some oil will ooze out the top. Meanwhile, tighten the cap. You will feel pressure build against the shock shaft and it will want to push back out. I try to keep the shock vertical the entire time so pressing the shock shaft against a counter top while tightening the cap will help.

Once the cap is tight check how far the shock shaft extended. it should be about 1/2 out of the body. To make the others consistant, you may need to bleed a little more oil by loosening the cap again and squishing out a little more oil. It takes patience, but you have to practice it a few times to get better at it.