RCU Forums - View Single Post - Associated SC10B just outta the box
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 04:53 AM
Salinas Hawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Associated SC10B just outta the box

Although I bashed regularly for years in the late 80s, I'm a rookie driver, so take the following for what it's worth from the perspective of someone whose last bash session was 20 years ago with an RC10.

I was pretty impressed with the way the SC10B darted around on asphalt; although, it was pretty easy to get it to traction flip on asphalt with a 2S lipo.

My second run was on slightly damp, but pretty solid, brown dead short grass. The terrain was a little slopey, but still flat enough for school lot football. I was able to kick up a little mud, and never bogged down by the grass.

Pros: It was beautiful to see the suspension in action. The car seemed to just glide over bumps and what not. The steering seemed pretty responsive and I always felt in control, even with the stock servo. There was about an 8-10 inch trench dug out around some grass seed. I hit it perpendicularly at full speed, and the car just cruised over it like there was a mini ghost bridge. Speed wise, the car is fast, but about halfway through my second run at this large field, i started to feel the need for more speed. I think 3s is the only upgrade I'll need for a while, or maybe at all. I probably won't upgrade unless I cook this system.

Cons: Traction was good, and I had to be careful, slow down, on the turns or else I would flip. I took several long walks that day; perhaps its a matter of driving skill. Testing the limits, I often got the car on two wheels like the dang Dukes of Hazard. Also, I gunned it and immediately went into some tight circles, about a 5 yard radius around me. It stayed on.all four wheels most of the time, but The inboard rear tire kept lifting up and the differential really got a workout. At times the inboard tire got airborne and spun at full speed drastically reducing speed. I understand that's what a differential, but it didn't look good. It felt like the suspension was way to soft, or maybe it needed maybe it needs anti sway bars. Dunno?

A

It was beautiful to see the
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37908.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1868535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un34524.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1868536