RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Engine Troubleshooting and Tuning
Old 03-31-2013, 05:25 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitro Engine Troubleshooting and Tuning

ORIGINAL: Wiytboi

OK I have earthquake 3.5 when i try to start it i end up haveing to rasie the idle stop high to get it to start.. but the it starts taking off on its own..when i turn it back down it dies or when it starts it runs for a secon and dies. how or what do i adjust to get the idle where it should be so it doesn't move and keep it running? i was guessing it is the LSN that needs to be adjusted but does it need to be richened or leaned?
When your engine is cold it is common to need a higher idle for a few minutes. Are you using your throttle trim to bump your throttle up a bit? I set my linkage so when my trim is at neutral the carb will be in the idle position, this way if you turn up your trim, it will increase your throttle just a bit while starting and warming up. Another thing you can do is instead of starting it and trying to have it stay put while it warms up, start it in a open area and as soon as you fire it up, let it just roll with the trim up until it warms up. Just steer it without trying to apply throttle for about a minute. Then as it warms up you just back off your trim until its not applying throttle anymore. For the LSN, use the pinch test. Once your engine is warmed up, pinch the fuel line. If it takes longer than 3 seconds to start stalling, it's too rich, turn in on the LSN in small increments. If its less than 3 seconds, it's too lean, turn out on the LSN.