RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 03-31-2013, 05:34 AM
all4scale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K

Unlucky mate. I think the ego does hurt the most. I had very little people watching for my test flight just incase something went wrong. The 30x12 is a good size prop. it is what I am running on mine and is a perfect match. Mine doesn't seem to have any bad tendencies on take off at all. Besides the typical pull to the left on initial throttle up but no different from any warbird.
Anyway I am a happy man. I had the second flight on her today. What a magnificent plane to fly. I have noticed though in right hand turns you need to pull a slightly bit more elevator as she wants to straighten out but I am guessing that is purely the torque of the engine. Has anyone else experienced this?
I got the landing sorted out a bit better this time. I had a slight cross wind but it seemed to track well with minimal tail drag but you can see that in the video. I am also shocked on how slow you can fly this thing as it also shocked me on how quick she wants to fly on take off. I have flown many gee bees in my time but this take the cake. I just wish this decal sheet and dummy engine would hurry up and get here.......
Anyway enjoy the video guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Csxu...ature=youtu.be

Cheers

Anthony