RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plane caught on fire...What to do???
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Scotty909

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plane caught on fire...What to do???

Well my maiden flight of my GWS Tiger Moth went very well, Hand launched and just needed a little down trim. I did a few laps around the yard just to get a feel of how it flies. I brought it in for a fair landing and changed batteries. I loved the way it flew with the gear drive and couldn't wait to get it up in the air again. The next flight didn't go so well. The wind had picked up and caught a wing so I leveled it out to bring it in. When it touched down the prop caught the grass and it started to howl. I cut the throttle as fast as I could but it started smoking. I ran over to it as fast as I could and picked it up and took it to the deck. Then it burst into flames and I was able to blow out the fire but it did quite a bit of damage to the fuselage. I took it apart and the ESC is smoked but the motor still runs. I'm not sure if the receiver is ok or not. I priced out new fuse sides and decide to just buy another slope kit and go from there. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to salvage the fuse some how or just strip it and start over.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13855.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1868733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dp84161.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1868734