RCU Forums - View Single Post - Old JHH F-4 airframe conversion
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Ravivos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old JHH F-4 airframe conversion

Hi all,
would like to get this thread up and going again as I've decided to try and proceed with this nice build.

so, i scraped most of the paint off, still needs a lot of elbow grease to get it to the way i want it to look, will then have another primer coat and some bondo (car-kit) to fill up the needed places.
cut the nose, as i plan on building a new E-version nose, unfortunately, Larry from JHH says that it is no longer available for purchase (Thank you Larry for a great communication and help).
removed the old (horrible) fixed horizontal stabilizers, will build a new set of full flying stabs with the correct mechanism.
when i opened up the wing, to much of my amazement, i found no beams nor any structural strengthening spars, lucky me that i didn't try and fly it that way.
will come of with a spar/beams structure so the wing wont fold and the spar structure will also include the landing gear housing.
the upper sheeting (from the inside of the wing) will get a new carbon fiber layout to withstand my not-so-perfect landings.
any thoughts will be more than welcomed.

i do have some questions, especially for those who flew/fly this nice little turbine powered bird -
i bought a used (but in great condition) bifurcated pipe that i think was done by Tam, but i came across a few threads regarding this pipe that it has a high loss and using a 12lbs turbine with this pipe will be a deadly blow to the plane.
as you can see from the pictures, the output nozzle is very small, can anyone comment on this?
if one of you how fly this plane with a 12-14lbs turbine can measure the output nozzle, it would be great.

please feel free to share your thoughts.
Thanks,
Ravivos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89611.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1868828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35618.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	1868829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze87125.jpg