RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 03-31-2013, 03:51 PM
all4scale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K

Thanks Richard

We are very lucky to have the flying field that we do. Space is not a problem for us.
I haven't deviated much from the instructions. I found that you needed to be an experienced modeller to finish it as the explanation of things could of been expanded a little. But it wasn't too much of a problem. This forum has helped a lot especially with some of the pictures but there was other things I had to create myself. This model isn't for the in-experienced anyway so they aren't bad at all.
The CoG was perfect. I set mine up at 75mm and the flying of it says it all. Spot on!!!!
I did take your advice though and didn't use the measurements for the flying wires. I didn't measure them in the end. I just made so rigging wires out of fishing trace and got those to length which gave me a close enough length to enable me to cut the flying wires.
All up weight of mine came in at 15.5Kg which seems to be about the average weight. As mentioned I still need to add a dummy engine, pilot and decal sheet and expect to come in at about 16kg. But even at that weight I don't see it being a problem.
The rudder throttle mix that you mentioned in this forum is basically spot on. I put about 2mm at full throttle and it seems to track perfect. But as mentioned in my last post it seems to want to pull out of a right hand turn but that's just torque. It does also exactly what was mentioned at the start of this forum and sits nose down in a left hand turn and nose up in a right hand turn. But its nothing to be too concerned about and nothing that a little rudder usage cant fix.
All in all I am more than happy with the model and the construction. Not for that faint hearted though. Ha ha ha.
I am heading the Fantasy of Flight in a couple of weeks when I goto Top Gun so I can get a heap of detail shots to try and spruce her up that bit more. I will keep the photos coming as I progress and also let you know when the decals arrive.